Blogger Layouts

Wednesday 27 July 2011

I have a dream...

I don't think this is a well used adage, but in my case it is certainly true: those who can't, write.

Can't what?

Well, I have a dream. And now I'm going public. I want to play guitar. That is, I want to be able to say, without further clarification, 'I play guitar'. Those three little words that mean so much.

And to be honest, I do say them, even now. But it's the nota bene's that get in the way. I play guitar; well - I'm still learning. I play guitar; at least, I try to. I play guitar, but I've got a long way to go. I play guitar, but I just don't sound any good.

So, a little about me. I'm 28, female, and all I want is to say those three words and mean them. I'd love to be the next Matt Bellamy or Joe Bonamassa, but heck, I'd settle for pub guitarist at present.

And I do try, with all my might. That I do. But now, I thought I'd take a little break from trying in order to document my journey. As they say, the guitar is the easiest instrument to learn, the hardest to master. I've got my chords down, open and barred. I can tune it, play it, even learn basic solos from tab. I even own (at last!) a US made Fender Strat. And one day, I'd like to win the battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment